The 2016 Tox Away Day will be held on Saturday, June 4 from 9:00 am – 1:00 pm in the Civic Center parking lot at Ninth and Walnut.
The Vanderburgh County Solid Waste District’s annual Household Hazardous Waste Collection Program, or “Tox Away” Day, offers residents a safe disposal option for household hazardous chemicals as well as an opportunity for them to learn about ways to properly store, handle and dispose of these materials.
- Motor Oil & Filters Oil Based Paint
- Automotive Batteries & Fluids Solvents & Thinners
- Gasoline Antifreeze
- Household Batteries Pesticides & Herbicides
- Thermometers/Mercury Aerosol Cans
- Household Cleaners Glues & Adhesives
- Photographic Chemicals Pool Chemicals
- Fluorescent Bulbs Pharmaceuticals
ITEMS NOT ACCEPTED:
- Commercial Waste Infectious Waste
- Industrial Waste Radioactive Waste
- Explosives/Ammunition Appliances
- Pressurized Containers Fire Extinguishers
- Gas Cylinders Appliances
- Electronics Tires
Latex Paint(can be thrown away in regular trash when it is hard – air dry or add kitty litter or sawdust to solidify)
This program is for Vanderburgh County Households . For more information call 812-436-7800.