Happy Friday the 13th!
Posted by Andrea Pollard on Friday, April 13, 2018 at 10:21 AM By Andrea Pollard / April 13, 2018 Comment
What do you know about Friday the 13th? Check out these fun facts!
- The fear of the number 13 is called "triskaidekaphobia," but the fear of the 13th falling on a Friday is actually called "friggatriskaidekaphobia" or "paraskevidekatriahobia."
- The maximum number of Friday the 13ths that can occur during a calendar year is 3.
- Famous rapper, Tupac Shakur, died on September 13, 1996, which occured on a Friday.
- Franklin Delano Roosevelt was afraid of the number 13. He wouldn't sit down to dinner with 13 people and avoided traveling on a Friday when possible...especially when it was the 13th of the month. In the end, he died on Thursday the 12th.
- On the other hand, "The Thirteen Club" was formed to debunk the superstition of 13 at a table being unlucky. Honorary members of that club included Chester Arthur, Grover Cleveland, Benjamin Harrison, William McKinley and Teddy Roosevelt.
- Taylor Swift actually considers the number 13 as her lucky number. She was born on the 13th of December, she writes the number 13 on her hand before live performances, and the number can be found repeatedly in some of her videos.
- In Spain, the equivalent of our Friday the 13th is Tuesday the 13th. This is for many reasons, but mostly because Tuesdays were seen as being dominated by the influence of Mars, the god of war.
- In Port Dover, Ontario, there is a motorcycle rally every Friday the 13th. In the summer, this rally can exceed 100,000 bikers.
- Despite the movie title, it wasn't until the third in the series that a Friday the 13th movie was actually released on Friday the 13th.
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus, known as Elaine Benes from Seinfeld, was born on January 13, 1961...Friday the 13th.