Before you show your home to any potential buyer, you want to make sure the staging is perfect. Follow these general tips and your home will look better than the competition.
FOR THE INSIDE
- Clear all unnecessary objects from furniture throughout the house. Keep accessories and objects on the furniture restricted to groups of 1, 3, or 5 items. In general, a de-cluttered home helps the buyer mentally “move in” with their own things. Rearrange or remove some of the furniture in your home, if necessary. Many times home owners have too much furniture in a room. When it comes to selling your home, thin out overcrowded rooms to make the rooms appear larger.
- Clear all unnecessary objects from the kitchen countertops. If it hasn’t been used for three months…put it away! Clear refrigerator fronts of messages, magnets, pictures, etc.
- In the bathroom, remove any unnecessary items from the countertops, tub, shower stall, and commode top. Keep only the most necessary cosmetics, brushes, perfumes, etc., in one small group on the counter. Coordinate towels in one or two colors only.
- Take down, reduce, or rearrange pictures and objects on walls. Patch and paint all walls, if necessary.
Click here to read more - Prepping a Home for Sale: Simple Staging Tips for Inside and Out
If you read or watch many cooking shows or magazines, you might have noticed a trend over the past few weeks. They all seem to be focused on springtime cooking, entertaining, and recipes - how to welcome the change of weather with flower-laden tables and recipes that showcase the fresh flavors of the season.
If you’re watching the real estate market, you’re probably seeing a springtime recipe coming together right now, too, before your eyes. Yesterday, Trulia released a survey that vividly captures and quantifies the ingredients:
- 75% of consumers say it’s better to buy a home now than it will be a year from now
- But only 1 in 3 consumers (32 percent) think it’s better to sell now than a year from now.
Read More: 5 Tips for Regret-Free Home Buying During This Spring’s Hot Market
It looks like the housing market is picking up across the country and some local real estate agents say they're seeing the best sales in years.
Business at F.C. Tucker has been good. In fact, co-owner Kathy Briscoe tells 14 News that April was their best month in the history of the company which has been around since 1910. She says the demand for homes is so high because this is the least houses they've had on the market in seven-years.
Click here to read more - F.C. Tucker Seeing Demand in Houses